Two Years’ Post Graduate Diploma in Energy Management
ABOUT PGDM (ENERGY MANAGEMENT) PROGRAM
- Best suited to candidates who wish to pursue their career in the power and energy domain.
- Experience sharing seminars for peer learning and live industry projects.
- 3 months of internship.
- Tie-up with international institutions for exchange programs (Proposed)
- The program also encourages discussions beyond the classroom to prepare students for critical analysis and application of skills to real business situations.
- Participants learn to combine the fundamentals of management with domain / industry expertise.
- Practical insights through internship and field visits.
- Advantage of learning theoretical and practical aspects of management from faculty of IIM Ahmedabad, a business school of global repute and industry / domain experts.
IIMA is handholding NSB in its pursuit towards excellence. A significant part of the curriculum is being delivered by faculty from IIMA. Remainings are delivered by NSB’s pool of expert faculty and experienced professionals who possess a blend of contemporary industry exposure as well as academic excellence.
The program is designed by IIMA which has highly interactive approach towards teaching. The pedagogy is a blend of lectures, discussions, case-studies, seminars, group exercises and projects with particular emphasis on the case-study method.
The program comprises of general management Core Courses in the first year. In the second year Core courses will be blend with Elective Courses. The Electives on offer will primarily be in the area of power and energy management.
|Course Title – Term-1||Course Title – Term-2||Course Title – Term-3|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||Costing and Control Systems||Business, Environment and Sustainability|
|Financial Markets||Financial Markets||Business Research Methods|
|Human Resource Management-I||Human Resource Management II||Corporate Finance|
|Individual Dynamics||Interpersonal Group Processes||Government Systems and Policy Process|
|Legal Aspects of Business||Information Systems for Business||Indian Economy with Special Reference to Energy|
|Managerial Computing||Macroeconomics and Policy||Managerial Analysis and Communication|
|Microeconomics||Marketing II||Marketing III|
|Marketing-I||Operations Management II||Organizational Dynamics|
|Operations Management-I||Quantitative Methods-2||Strategic Management|
|Probability and Statistics-I||The Social and Cultural Environment of Business||Operations Management|
|Probability and Statistics-II||Workshop on Interviews and Presentations||Human Resource Management|
|Written Analysis and Communication-I|
The students completing the course successfully will be provided placement assistance by the School.