Shweta Jaiswal Thakur is a faculty in the area of Human Resources Management at NTPC School of Business (NSB) Noida (Mentorship by IIM A). She is a Fellow [PhD] in Human Resources Management from Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon. Her doctoral dissertation is focused on a very contemporary topic i.e. HR analytics. It is a maiden study to explore how HR analytics create value for the firm with an objective of creating a substantive theory of HR Analytics and Value creation in India. This research had participated in a national level competition conducted by Aon Think Tank Research Program and was declared as the winner. Faculty from IIM Ahmedabad was assigned as the academic mentor for the work and Aon as the industry mentor along with many other supporting organisations. Her research interests include human resource analytics (HR analytics), Employees retention, creativity and innovation among few others. She has good exposure to data analysis software like Nvivo, Amos, SPSS & SmartPLS. She has also undergone Aon Certified HR Analytics professional Course. Shweta has published her work in leading international journals and case publishing houses. One of her cases has featured in the Best Selling List of Harvard Business Review Case Publishing.
Area of Expertise
Human Resources Management, Workforce Planning Recruitment and Selection, Employee Relation, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Talent Management and HR analytics
HR Analytics, Employee Retention, Creativity and innovation, HR practices and its proximal and distal outcomes.
Email: Shweta.jaiswal@nsbnoida..in; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fellowship program in Management (Human Resource Management), Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon.
- Thesis title “HR and organisational Value creation through use of HR Analytics- An exploratory study”.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Human Resource Development from BIMHRD, Pune
- Masters in Labor Laws and Labor Welfare from Pune University.
- JRF – National Eligibility Test Qualified UGC Government of India.
Certified HR Analytics Professional – AHLC
Selected Journal Papers
Thakur, S. J., & Bhatnagar, J. (2017). Mediator analysis of job embeddedness: Relationship between work-life balance practices and turnover intentions. Employee Relations, 39(5), 718-731. (ABDC – B Category Journal)
Research based International Book Chapter
Bhatnagar, J. & Thakur, S. J. (2017). Innovation and Human Resource Management in Asia .Routledge Handbook of Human Resource Management in Asia
Teaching cases – Richard Ivey and Harvard Business Case Publishing
Thakur, S. J., & Bhatnagar, J. (2015). MLA: Dilemma of Purpose or Profit, Richard Ivey Case Publishing house, Ontario. Nominated by Richard Ivey for EFMD case competition (2015)
Bhatnagar, J. & Thakur, S. J. (2016).Amazon as an Employer. Richard Ivey Case Publishing house, Ontario. Best Selling List of Harvard Business Review Case Publishing and Richard Ivey (2017)
Selected Papers Published in Conference Proceedings
Thakur, S. J., Bhatnagar, J., & Aeron, P. (2017). “HR analytics and organizational value creation: An exploratory study” presented at IIM PAN Conference December (2017)
Thakur, S. J., & Sharma, R. R. (2016). “Quantifying the gap between Espoused Organizational Values and Values of Potential Employees: Development of Essential Organizational Values (EOV) Scale” presented at Strengthening Values & Ethics for Sustainable Growth: Role of Indian Philosophical Traditions Conference at MDI, Gurgaon (2016).
Thakur, S. J., & Bhatnagar, J. (2015). “Work Life balance Practices, Job Embeddedness and Intention to stay” presented at Indian Academy of Management 4th Biennial Conference at IIM – Lucknow (2015).
Additional Publication: Book Reviews on HR Analytics
- Thakur, S. J. (2017). Jean Paul Isson and Jesse S. Harriott. People analytics in the era of big data: Changing the way you attract, acquire, develop, and retain talent. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2016, 416 pages, $49.95, hardcover. Personnel Psychology, 70(4), 929-930. A Category Journal
- Thakur, S. J. (2017). Martin R. Edwards and Kirsten A. Edwards. Predictive HR analytics: Mastering the HR metric. London: Kogan Page, 2016, 456 pages,£ 29.99, Paperback. Personnel Psychology, 70(2), 507-508. A Category Journal
- Thakur, S. J. (2017). Book Review: Gene Pease, Boyce Byerly and Jac Fitz-enz, Human Capital Analytics: How to Harness the Potential of Your Organisation’s Greatest Asset, Vision
- Thakur, S. J. (2017).Soundarajan, R & Singh, Kuldeep. Winning on HR Analytics, NHRD Network Quarterly Journal, 10(3), 88-90
- Thakur, S. J. (2016). Jac Fitz-Enz and John R. Mattox II Predictive Analytics for Human Resources, Vilakshan – XIMB journal of management